Saturday, February 11, 2012

8. I believe in the Christ who said that He and His Father are “two men,” but who also said that He and His Father are one.

The scribes and Pharisees, arguing against Jesus, said "Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true." Jesus responded by citing their law:
“It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.” (John 8:17-18 emphasis added)
Yet, Christ on another occasion said:
 “I and my Father are one.” (John10:30)
I believe Christ. I believe he never contradicted himself.

How Christ and His Father are "two men" and yet "one" is found in the scriptures. If the scriptural answer contradicts creeds negotiated by theologians 300 years after His resurrection, I will believe the scripture and not the creeds. I plan to share my beliefs on this in upcoming posts.

I believe in Christ. I am a Christian. I am a Mormon.

Back to Introduction.

Back to Previous Entry.

To Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate respectful and thoughtful comments!