Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Believe in the Christ of the Bible: What One Mormon Believes about Christ

Christ and the Young Child, by Carl Bloch, 1873
I frequently read, and I have heard, Evangelical Christians say to Mormons, you are not Christian because “you do not believe in the Christ of the Bible.”

Amazed as I was when I first heard this judgment on my faith, I have been even more amazed by how it is repeated like a mantra.

So here is the response from one Mormon. Over the next few weeks I will summarize here my personal beliefs about my Savior Jesus Christ that are spoken of in the Bible.

In each of the coming posts, I will state what I personally believe, then list passages from the Bible that support my personal belief.

I believe many of these Biblical passages are inconsistent with Trinitarian theories. If some say I am not Christian because of my belief in the Bible's testimony of Christ, it will be much less ironic than when some accused Christ, the Son of God, of blasphemy for saying who He was.

If, as you read these statements, you see contradictions with traditional teachings you have heard, I urge you to ask yourself whether your own understanding is indeed consistent with the Bible.



2 comments:

  1. This looks great. I'm excited to read future posts. I think it would be helpful if you listed a couple of Biblical references that support each of your beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That is exactly what I am going to do. Click on the line at the bottom and it takes you to a page with the references.

      Delete

I appreciate respectful and thoughtful comments!