Thursday, January 26, 2012

3. I believe in the Christ who, before this earth was made, was God, and now, is God.

Christ and the Young Child, by Carl Bloch, 1873
“…and the Word was God.” (John 1:1)
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6 emphasis added)
“And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.” (Exodus 3:14)
“Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.” (John 8:58)
“The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.” (John 4:25-26)

I believe in the Christ who, before this earth was made, was God, and now, is God. I am a Christian. I am a Mormon.


Back to Introduction. 

Back to Previous Entry.

To Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate respectful and thoughtful comments!